- Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field.
- Scientific research experience.
Job Description: The postdoctoral fellow will conduct, report and present research in his/her field of study under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This is a training position, and is not expected to be a permanent position.
Salary Range $48,432 annually.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Develop and independently perform experiments in the study of Alzheimer’s neuropathology with miRNAs from neural stem cell-derived exosomes
- Collect results and analyze data
- Prepare manuscripts for publication or presentation at scientific meetings
- miRNA isolation and analysis
- Exosome isolation and analysis
- Stereotaxic methods
- Basic electrophysiology
- General protein biochemistry and molecular biology
- Well-versed in English scientific writing
Preferred Work Experience
- Research experience in the field of neuroscience and/or neurodegenerative diseases
- Animal methods desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurology Research
Job ID: 60786
Business Unit: SOMED