Job ID 21004
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Hackensack University Biomedical Research Center is offering a position for postdoctoral studies in the field of extracellular vesicles/exosomes in the group of associate scientist Olivier Loudig, Ph.D. The group is currently working with clinical specimens and anticipates using animal models to understand and evaluate the contribution of circulating biomarkers for cancer development and relapse. The group is using novel technologies to isolate circulating vesicles/exosomes from specific organs and to sequence their microRNA content to develop clinical tests at the Hackensack University Medical Center. The post-doctoral fellow will test the purification of circulating exosomes from different biofluid sources and improve the sensitivity and specificity of the current purification assays using cell lines, and specimens from xenograft animals. The candidate will perform in vitro analyses and prepare next-generation sequencing libraries. The post-doctoral fellow is expected to understand the project and work independently taking responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance the research project. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The post-doctoral fellow is anticipated to have good communication and writing skills. The successful candidate will have a team-oriented mindset and will provide guidance to junior members.
- Design and develop molecular assays for purification of circulating exosomes.
- Establish sensitive and reproducible procedures for detection of biomarkers.
- Design and conduct animal studies using animal xenograft models.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation.
- Present results in internal and external research forums.
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing, as appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology from an accredited graduate level institution.
- Minimum publication or in preparation of two articles as first author in a reputable peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Expertise in cell culture, flow cytometry, mouse handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge and experience with RNA/DNA extraction, PCR and qPCR analysis, and next generation sequencing a plus.