NVDX is seeking a highly-motivated scientist with experience developing protein-based assays using human samples, e.g. plasma or serum. Experience in exosome isolation and characterization is preferred. Scientist will help NVDX execute on its vision of improving exosome characterization to move forward basic research and clinical translation.
- Work with NVDX CSO and the team to optimize exosome detection using NVDX novel detection technology.
- Develop experimental plan for the detection of exosomes from different biological fluids.
- Lead development of novel single exosome based proteomic and molecular assays.
- Documentation and presentation of results to NVDX team and at scientific conferences.
- Aid in drafting of manuscripts, grants, and patent fillings.
- Minimum B.S degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology or similar discipline; M.S or PhD preferred;
- Experience in developing protein assays in complex media such as serum and plasma. Ideally with experience is exosome isolation and detection or nanoparticle characterization.
- Experience with different protein capture probes (i.e. Antibodies, Peptides, and Aptamers).
- Experience with immunoassay product development including: reagent development, assay protocol optimization, specification development, and statistical methods.
- Experience with immunological assays including ELISA and Western Blotting;
- 5+ years industry experience in RUO/IVD assay development;
- Experience with design and optimization of probe-based molecular assays (e.g. FISH);
- Familiar with fluorescence and bright-field microscopy techniques;
- Experience with protein conjugation techniques;
- We are looking for a candidate that has a passion for problem solving and pays attention to detail.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate experimental design, hypothesis to be tested, and results.
- Must be highly organized and practice good time management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a project team environment is critical;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
Position Requirement: All considered candidates must have authorization to work in the US;