Exosome Diagnostics is expanding our laboratories in the IZB in Martinsried. We are looking for an experienced Bioinformatics Scientist (f/m) to act as a multi-role developer, analyst and software developer. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, can drive/own projects, and can collaborate effectively across the organization with colleagues both in the USA and Germany.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement analysis applications and services to run on hybrid platforms (local/cloud).
- Assist scientific staff with exploratory analysis of data from research and development projects.
- Adhere to and promote software development best practices and agile development cycles.
- Develop reusable, version controlled artifacts in pursuit of fully automated analysis.
- Work with biologists and computational scientist to create novel algorithms and data visualizations.
We expect that you:
- Have a degree (MSc/Dipl. or PhD) in bioinformatics, computer science, or other relevant field.
- Have extensive background developing NGS analysis pipelines and knowledge of best practices.
- Have experience in data analysis in a statistical or scientific computing environment (R, S, MATLAB).
- Have strong to excellent programming skills in Java, C++, and/or Python.
- Have experience using tools for agile development such as issue tracking, source control, and continuous integration.
- Have experience developing applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience with containers and virtual environments (Docker, Vagrant).
- Be self-motivated and know how to prioritize and schedule their own very busy workday.
- Be comfortable with English in both speech and writing to allow close daily communication with colleagues locally and at the company’s facilities in USA.
- Have a high work ethic, a high energy level, and a developed sense of humor.
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a growing young company developing a cutting edge technology for biofluid molecular diagnostics in personalized medicine.
- A position in a small company where you are expected to fill a lot of different roles and responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to have influence and freedom to organize your own work.
- A dynamic working environment with many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- An attractive location in the IZB campus in Martinsried near Munich.
At Exosome Diagnostics, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating cutting edge science into real clinical products to benefit patients and doctors. Exosome Diagnostics is working to develop and commercialize biofluid-based molecular diagnostics based on a powerful new technology platform, offering the potential for significant corporate growth and enhanced career development. We encourage an honest exchange of ideas and a culture of collaboration within the company to help the exceptional people who work here to excel and to reach company goals. Learn more on www.exosomedx.com
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter (Word or PDF format) to email@example.com with job number MBI03 included in the subject heading.