Job Title: UCD Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1
College: UCD College of Science
School: UCD School of Chemistry
Contract Type: Temporary
Closing Date: 23rd March 2018
Ref: 010137, 010139 & 010142
Applications are invited for UCD Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 within the UCD School of Chemistry. There are 3 temporary roles available.
The Centre for BioNano Interactions (CBNI) is one of the world’s leading Centres of knowledge for bionanointeractions applied to the fields of nanobiology and nanomedicine, and is pioneering many of the new techniques and approaches at the research interface between nanoscale science and living systems.
Key areas of research include:
- Fundamental understanding of interactions between synthetic nanoparticles and living systems at cellular level and in vivo
- Exosomal detection and manipulation
- Novel approaches to vaccine development
- Applications of bionanoscale science for therapy and diagnostics
CBNI`s research team is highly interdisciplinary, fast-paced and dynamic and would suit a scientist that aspires to be at the leading edge of an emerging field of science and biomedical research.
CBNI is looking for Post-doctoral Researcher Fellows to work on synthesis of complex nanostructures and systematic investigations of their interactions with living systems (Ref #010139 and Ref #010142), and on precision engineering of nanostructure surface architecture for biological and biomedical applications (Ref #010137)
Successful candidates are expected to have:
- A PhD and experience in relevant disciplines of molecular and cellular biology, biomedical science and engineering (Ref #010137 and Ref #010142) and in nanoscale synthesis and biophysical sciences (Ref # 010139)
- A demonstrated commitment to excellent research and publications
- An understanding of the operational requirements for a successful research project
- Excellent communication skills (Oral, Written, Presentation etc)
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Commitment to promote teamwork, communication, and sharing of information among projects in domain of expertise
- Ability to lead scientific work packages and research and support the development of proposals for research funding
Salary: €36,854 – €37,383 per annum
Appointment on the above range will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the UCD Job Vacancies website: http://www.ucd.ie/hr/jobvacancies.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CVs submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
UCD is an equal opportunities employer.