The Research Department at NEB is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Division of Genome Biology. The successful candidate will engage in research focused on the characterization of exosomes and small RNAs in parasitic nematodes to understand their biological role and explore their potential as diagnostic biomarkers.
- Use cutting-edge methodologies to characterize exosomes and small RNAs.
- Use the latest Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies for small RNA discovery.
- Develop novel diagnostic assays based on small RNA detection.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recent Ph.D. in genomics, molecular biology, computational biology or related field.
- Technical expertise in NGS and large scale data analysis.
- Experience in isolating and characterizing exosomes and small RNAs.
- Interest in neglected tropical diseases.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong record of scientific publication.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers exciting opportunities for broad research training in an interdisciplinary environment, collaboration with academic and industrial institutions, publishing in peer-reviewed journals and participation in national and international conferences.