The R&D postdoc will work in a high performing, cross-functional team with the goal of driving innovation in the development of a state-of-the–art scalable technology platform related to the industrial cGMP manufacture and use of extracellular vesicles. The incumbent will be responsible for working on and developing innovative technologies that can be scaled-out or scaled-up, including cell culture, isolation and characterization of extracellular vesicles as well as further downstream processes. This hands-on biologist or bioengineer will plan and manage experiments, analyze results and communicate them.
This position offers exciting opportunities for broad research training in an interdisciplinary industrial environment, collaboration with academic and industrial institutions, publishing in peer-reviewed journals and participation in national and international conferences.
Maintenance of quality systems and record keeping in the form of experimental design, result logging and reports. Designing experiments based on QbD.
Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
Works on complex problems where development of solutions and analysis of technical situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors. Ensures schedules, and performance requirements are met.
Skill and/or Education Requirements
MS or PhD degree in biology or bioengineering or chemistry or related discipline plus 2-6 years of experience in cell culture. Preferably with experience in downstream purification for bioprocessing and/or exosomes including:
- Knowledge and experience in methods to isolate and analyze biologics
- Working knowledge of downstream technologies (TFF/ATF or HPLC or affinity chromatography)
- A strong data analysis/statistics background
- Desirable – working knowledge of exosome purification and analysis
- Desirable – experience in developing new scaling processes.
- Desirable – experience in developing new functional assays
- Desirable -Hands-on experience with scalable bioproduction concepts and methodologies with direct experience with bioreactors and downstream technologies
- Excellent oral/written/presentation communication skills; strong work ethic; delegating skills; ability to perform in a team setting
Office/lab based position with some travel required (up to 10%). Full time fixed-term (2 years) employment contract offered.