The Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people’s heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry — not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM’s intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms — both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a demonstrated potential for creativity and excellence. The successful applicant will design and conduct novel cell biology and molecular laboratory research and will play a key role in developing our current and new research programs.
* Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others
* Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results
* Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals
* Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement
* Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and novel technologies
* Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways
* This position interacts with all levels of management on a routine basis and influences strategy
* Works on complex and diverse problems giving guidance and suggestions
* Actions may have implications on operations, budget and/or credibility
* We are seeking a PhD level scientist with strong molecular biology, cell biology or biochemical focus
* Previous hands on experience in extracellular vesicle biology/characterization (EV isolation and biochemical/immunological methods for characterization
* Practical experience with fluorescence/luminescence-based cell reporter assays, cell imaging, confocal microscopy, FACS and/or RT-PCR
* Good understanding of cellular trafficking mechanisms, endocytic pathways, uptake and vesicle uptake and trafficking
* Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals or drug development portfolio
* Ability to collaborate with external partners across multiple scientific disciplines
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Post-doctoral experience is a plus but not required