Codiak Biosciences is seeking a Research Associate, Process Analytics to support the development of our novel exosome bioanalytical characterization platform. This is a unique opportunity to contribute experimentally, as well as intellectually, to the process development of a novel exosome production platform. As part of a start-up, the successful candidate will be uniquely exposed to the full range of company activities. Responsibilities will include working in an exciting and modern analytical laboratory and implementing the diverse analytical methodologies in the areas related to exosome characterization. This includes biochemical and biophysical analysis of exosomes and their components, high throughput analytics, formulation, PAT, etc. Relevant background in biochemistry and bioanalytics is required to be successful. Understanding of exosome biology, isolation and characterization is a plus.
Responsibilities – Demonstrated proficiency in the following are required:
- Provide technical/experimental hands-on support to enable process development
- Implement exosome isolation techniques for further analysis, such as ultracentrifugation, ultrafiltration, SEC;
- Implement biochemical and biophysical methods for exosome characterization, including particle analysis (NanoSight, Virocyt, DLS); RNA, protein and lipid analysis (gel electrophoresis, CE, HPLC, LC/MS);
- Assess and Implement relevant high throughput analytical approaches (such as LabChip GXII, Protein Simple, Bioanalyzer, robotic sample handling systems);
- Collaborate with other scientific staff in CMC and Research organizations;
- Participate in formulation development studies, as appropriate;
- other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc or MSc in biochemistry or a similar discipline with over 2 years of academic and/or industrial experience. Hands on experience with analysis of biomolecules using diverse analytical technologies, such as gel electrophoresis is required. Chromatography skills are desired. Familiarity with particle analysis is required. Knowledge of other biochemical, biophysical and biological methods is a plus. The successful candidate will work under the leadership of an experienced analytical scientist; however, the ability to work well independently is needed. An ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment, plan, design and execute experiment in a timely manner and report the results in an organized fashion is critical. Additional qualifications include computer literacy, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Woburn, Massachusetts, 01801, United States
- August 17, 2016
- (CB011) Research Associate, Process Analytics
- Codiak BioSciences
- 1-2 Years
Our employees dedicate themselves to helping us achieve important goals. In return, we are committed to offering compensation and benefits packages that support and reward their contributions.
Founded in 2015, our culture is starting to take shape. By tapping into the unique talents of a varied pool of individuals, we can foster the kind of collaboration and innovation that yield truly exceptional work.
Those interested in contributing to Codiak Biosciences’ development of the nascent and exciting field of exosome technology are invited to email their CV with Position Reference Number above and any relevant credentials to the address below:
Codiak Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.