Alnylam Pharmaceuticals – Cambridge, MA
Alnylam is a well-established, mid-sized biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA, focused on the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics. The Investigative Toxicology Group, within Drug Safety & Metabolism, is seeking a highly motivated research associate with proven abilities in the design, development, execution, analysis, interpretation, and communication of in vivo and in vitro cellular and molecular biology assays. This candidate will engage in a variety of investigative, mechanistic siRNA research efforts related to the preclinical safety evaluation of novel RNAi therapeutic modalities.
- Design and execution of in vitro and in vivo assays to improve mechanistic understanding of siRNA safety, including stem-loop PCR, immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, immunocytochemistry, confocal microscopy, etc.
- Analysis and interrogation of large proteomic and RNAseq datasets to generate testable hypotheses.
- Timely delivery of experimental reports and data presentations.
The individual will work closely with the Toxicology and DMPK groups and multiple project teams across various therapeutic areas.
- B.A. or M.A. in Cell Biology, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in assay development, microscopy, and tissue culture.
- Working knowledge of tools to analyze and interrogate large RNAseq and proteomic datasets.
- Broad knowledge of methods/applications such as siRNA and miRNA biology, exosome biology, stem-loop PCR, immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, confocal microscopy, ELISA, and FACS analysis is required.
- Superior communication, organization, follow-through, and presentations skills.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an AA/EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.