Seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Technician B with expertise to advance our goals of identifying, validating, and translating new biomarkers into the clinical laboratory. Our primary interests are in serum and urine exosome based biomarkers for urologic cancers.
Specific tasks will include:
- Isolation of exosomes from serum/plasma and urine using chemical and centrifugation methods.
- Chromatographic and mass spectrometric separation (LC-MS/MS) of complex clinical samples.
- Proteomics data analysis using bioinformatics software.
- Online database searches to assist in organizing and classifying newly discovered biomarkers, in preparation for downstream, follow-up analysis, e.g. targeted quantization.
- Provide general research support.
The incumbent will also perform other duties necessary to the functioning of the laboratory, such as ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies, chemicals and equipment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent in education, training and experience.
The candidate selected for this position is required to undergo a drug screening test prior to a final offer of employment being made.
Experience with chromatography (Perfinity/Shimadzu) and mass spectrometry (Skyline) software is a plus.